We are locally operated in Austin, Texas
What are the “Terms” and their meanings?
We speak in simple and clear terms, in fact, we trademarked the term “Truly Private Pet Cremation” to prevent any confusion. A “Truly Private Pet Cremation” is where one and only one pet is cremated during a cremation cycle. The pet cremation industry uses several terms, including: “Private”, “Individual”, and “Communal”. A “Private” cremation is where only one pet is cremated. An “Individual” cremation is where the cremation chamber contains multilevel pets, sectioned off into a designated area, and cremated. Each pet is then removed one at a time, or “individually” removed. The term “Individual” is the method of return, not the method of cremation. A “Communal” cremation is a group cremation without any separation. So these three methods are simply, Private, Semi-Private, and group cremation. These are defined terms as supported by both the International Association of Pet Crematories (IAOPC) and the Pet Loss Professionals Alliance (PLPA).
What questions should I ask my Vet?
When you are looking to have a private cremation, there are simple ways to determine if your pet will actually be cremated privately.
- Ask your vet if they have been to their pet crematory and observed the process, to verify that this will be a private “one only” cremation.
- Ask for the name of the company the vet uses, and check their website to see what they are offering. Most pet cremation business, clearly disclose the type of cremation they offer.
- Ask for a brochure from the crematory and read it.
- Ask your vet or call the pet cremation company and see if they are open to the public, and will allow you to tour the facility.
- Ask if the cremation is video recorded.
- Ask your vet if the pet cremation company is locally owned or a corporation or franchise.
Why Choose Us?
Austin Pet Memorial Center certifies that all of our cremations are “Private-one only pet cremations”, in fact, we have trademarked the term “Truly Private Pet Cremation” in order to prevent any confusion. We offer our Partner Vets, free high quality brochures to display that provides all the details on our business. We pick up your pet from your home or vet clinic in a basket/blanket service. We are a completely transparent company and you may walk in at any time and ask for a tour, in fact we encourage you to do so. As part of our certification process, we digitally record all of our cremations, and they are available for review.
Austin Pet Memorial Center is locally operated. We are Austin’s premier pet cremation service and are the most reviewed pet cremation company in Central Texas. Our packages include everything you need in a basic cremation, including a fur clipping, clay paw print, and “an Urn”.
Austin Pet Memorial Center is focused on helping you with honoring your pet’s life, “Because our pets are Family”.